Understanding Energy and Carbon Assessments for Buildings
This six-hour CPD course examines different approaches to measuring energy use and carbon emissions in buildings. In the 2020s and beyond, this knowledge is crucial and inescapable for professionals working in the built environment throughout the world – so we’re glad to have you on board. This is a topic which will shape our future.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the key principles of energy performance measurement, methods and tools;
- state the principal requirements of a range of common energy performance standards;
- identify policies, legislation and regulation relating to energy and carbon assessment;
- identify methods of carbon offsetting;
- explain why carbon offsetting should be considered a last resort for reaching net zero.
The total estimated study time for completing this course is 6 hours. This estimate includes time for you to read or view a resource more than once, as well as time for you to take notes and undertake the online assessment.
You will have 6 weeks access to the course material.
The course content is divided into six topics. These are as follows:
- Building Regulations and SAP
- Home energy rating systems
- Future Homes Standard and Future Buildings Standard
- The ‘performance gap’
- Energy and carbon alignment
- Future regulations.
As a fully online, self-managed course you are able to stop and restart the course as you progress, working at a time and place that suits your needs.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you are recommended to take the Controlling Energy and Carbon Emissions in Buildings (6 hour CPD course) before this one if you have a limited knowledge of the subject.
You will be tested with a short multiple choice online quiz at the end of the course. You can retake each quiz as many times as you like. Once you have achieved 80% or more in the quiz you will be able to download your personal CPD certificate. This certificate is for 6 hours of formal CPD.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit card, debit card or PayPal. Individual or corporate bookings welcome.
For payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact: email@example.com
Got some questions about our CPD programmes or need help with your registration? Get in touch with our friendly admissions team using the following details:
UK (Free): 0800 019 9697 (Press 1)
International: +44 (0)118 921 4696 (Press 1)
Alumni discount is available on this CPD course. Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your alumni discount.
In order to maximise your learning experience, you will need access to:
• a personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device with audio & video playback capability
• access to the Internet (via a broadband connection recommended)
Be able to
• use an up-to-date web browser (for example):
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge
• open PDF documents using software such as Adobe
Please be aware if using a system within a firewall you may need your IT Team to allow pop-ups and access to YouTube.
Should you require any technical assistance please contact email@example.com
Interested in studying sustainability further?
This CPD course is part of a series available on the UCEM Online Academy, each covering different approaches to reducing energy use and carbon emissions. Other courses focus on controlling carbon emissions from buildings, reducing energy use through active building design, and reducing energy use and carbon emissions through passive building design.