CIOB Professional Review
This mentoring support programme for the CIOB Professional Review is designed to provide delegates with individual support and guidance on how best to demonstrate their competency and skills in respect of that required by CIOB Professional Review.
The CIOB Professional Review (PR) is the final step towards achieving the designation MCIOB and is a paper-based assessment of a delegate’s experience and competence. The PR process checks that you have the right knowledge, skills and experience in three areas of competence:
- Commitment to Professionalism.
The Professional Review course is open to academically eligible candidates who have either;
- successfully completed the CIOB CMP examination;
- achieved a CIOB recognised exempting award (L6 degree or above).
- gained at least five years of professional construction related experience, with responsibility for people, money, and work.
To be eligible for this support programme candidates must have met the CIOB academic and experience requirements and be registered as an applicant member of the CIOB. Please contact email@example.com to verify your eligibility before purchasing online.
The CIOB accept Professional Review submissions throughout the year.
You should allow yourself between 2-3 months to complete your Professional Review report ahead of when you hope your submission would be sent to the CIOB.
For example; if you are planning for a submission in February, you should start your report in December.
- To assist and guide eligible delegates through the requirements of the CIOB Professional Review
- To provide advice and feedback on draft competency statements.
- To counsel delegates on when their Professional Review application is ready for UCEM to assess and submit.
All delegates receive tutor support within a designated area of the Online Academy where you will be provided with:
- guidance documents and forms to help you provide the information required for the Professional Review in the correct format.
- a discussion forum to be able to communicate with your mentor
- a secure submission area where you can submit your draft report for personal review and subsequently submit your final documents.
The one to one review process will provide feedback on how you can improve your report and where to include relevant examples and evaluation into your report.
Once UCEM are confident that the report is as good as it can be, UCEM will grade it and if it reaches the required level, UCEM will then submit it to the CIOB. If the report does not reach the right level, then the tutor will notify you of the areas of weakness requiring improvement.
The list of documents you would need to eventually provide are:
- The Professional Review report – verified by your employer
- CPD records for last 12 months
- 1 year forward plan for CPD
- Job Description
- Organisation chart
You will be notified by the CIOB when you successfully pass the Professional Review. There is no CPD certificate associated with this product.
You can enrol at any time throughout the year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and verify your eligibility.
Once your details have been assessed and deemed eligible, you will receive a formal Acceptance Letter from UCEM Courses Ltd.
Please do not proceed to the checkout unless you have received confirmation of acceptance from UCEM.
The course fee includes:
- Personal guidance and tutor support during your preparation and drafting of the Professional Review
- the CIOB Professional Review submission fee which we pay on your behalf
The following fees are payable direct to the CIOB
- Applicant CIOB membership fee
Alumni Association members are eligible for 15% discount on the full sale price this product.
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code at the checkout to receive your discount. Contact email@example.com to register as a member of the UCEM Alumni Association.