Designed to introduce Soft Landings, this online CPD course introduces techniques to overcome the perennial problem of buildings or assets not meeting end-user needs.
The Soft Landings building delivery process is about producing buildings that work for individuals, businesses, society and the wider environment. This course also includes wider reading for those involved in the project delivery process.
Who should study this course?
Delegates who would benefit from undertaking this course are:
- Building owners
- Construction Managers
- Project Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Property Managers
Understanding Soft Landings is also relevant for:
- Delegates working towards their professional membership
- Professionals seeking to satisfy their annual CPD requirements
The total estimated study time for completing this course is 10 hours.
This estimate includes time for you to read or view a resource more than once, as well as time for you to take notes and undertake the online assessment.
As a fully online, self-managed course you are able stop and restart the course as you progress. Working at a time and place that suits your needs. You will be guided through the course by the interactive material and advised the best way to progress throughout.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- understand the benefits of Soft Landings as a project delivery method;
- recognise how Soft Landings can benefit both clients and the project team;
- talk knowledgably about the use of Soft Landings with professional colleagues;
- describe where the Soft Landings processes fit within the key stages of project delivery.
The online delivery method will allow you to study at your own pace, wherever you may be.
This course is made up of ten concise modules:
- Project delivery in the modern built environment
- Soft Landings – A way of enhancing project delivery
- Benefits of Soft Landings
- The 12 core principles of Soft Landings
- Strategic definition stage
- Preparation and briefing stage
- Design stage
- Construction stage
- Handover and close-out stage
- In-use stage
Each module includes a short video. You will also be required to download online publications and answer self-assessment questions.
There is a multiple-choice test at the end of the course. This is based on the questions in each module and will assess your understanding of the course content.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course
On successful completion of the course you will receive a UCEM certificate of completion for 10 hours formal CPD.
You will be tested with an online quiz at the end of this course. You must achieve 60% or more in each quiz to successfully complete the course. Additional attempts will be permitted should you not be successful on your first attempt.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit or debit card. Individual or corporate bookings welcome.
For alternative payment options, including payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)118 921 4601
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact email@example.com to receive your alumni discount.