This course aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of the key principles involved in the management of project costs on a construction project.
Who should study this course?
Professionals with some knowledge of costing construction work and the payment processes typically followed such as:
- Trainee/assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers
An understanding of managing project costs on a construction site is also relevant for:
- Delegates working towards their professional membership
- Professionals seeking to satisfy their annual CPD requirements
The total estimated study time for completing this course is 5 hours.
This estimate includes time for you to read or view a resource more than once, as well as time for you to take notes and undertake the online assessment.
As a fully online, self-managed course you are able stop and restart the course as you progress. Working at a time and place that suits your needs.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Discuss the main financial ratios used to ascertain the health of a construction business.
- Explain how contractors set short- and long-term budgets.
- Explain the importance of accurate cash flow forecasting, discuss the common forms of cash flow representation and comment upon the ways in which contractors might improve their cash flow position.
- Explain Cost–Value Reconciliation (or Earned Value Analysis as it is sometimes known).
The self-managed online delivery method will allow you to study at your own pace, wherever you may be.
This course is made up of five elements:
- Overview and guidance notes
- Interactive presentation on managing project costs
- Supplementary reading
- Case study and exercise
- Multiple choice end test
There are no formal entry requirements for this course
On successful completion of the course you will receive a UCEM certificate of completion for 5 hours formal CPD.
You will be tested with an online quiz at the end of this course. You must achieve 80% or more to successfully complete the course. Additional attempts will be permitted should you not be successful on your first attempt.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit or debit card. Individual or corporate bookings welcome.
For alternative payment options, including payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)118 921 4601
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your alumni discount.