The course aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of the key principles involved with the planning of a construction project and the subsequent management of the construction programme.
The total estimated time for completing this course is 10 hours.
This estimate includes time for you to read or view a resource more than once, as well as time for you to take notes and undertake the online assessment. As a fully online, self-managed course you are able to stop and restart the course as you progress. Working at a time and place that suits you.
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- produce a sequence network diagram and use precedence programming to calculate the project time and critical path
- appreciate the process of resource levelling
- demonstrate how the various types of float are calculated
- manipulate programmes to take account of project activity duration changes.
There’s some background reading on principles and concepts, followed by exercises on precedence networks and Microsoft Project to help you put theory into practice.
The structure of the course is as follows:
- Overview and guidance notes
- Interactive presentation on the critical path method using precedence diagrams
- Supportive reading on planning and managing construction programmes
- Precedence network exercise
- MS Project exercise
- Multiple choice end test
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You will be tested with an online quiz at the end of the course. You must achieve 80% or more to successfully complete the course. Additional attempts will be permitted should you not be successful on your first attempt.
If you are successful in passing the multiple choice end test you will receive a UCEM certificate of completion for 10 hours formal CPD.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit or debit card. Individual or corporate bookings welcome.
For alternative payment options, including payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)118 921 4601
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact email@example.com to receive your alumni discount.