Fire Safety Design Fundamentals
This online CPD course provides you with an introduction to fire safety design in the built environment.
Designed to provide an understanding of fire science and what fire safety design methods may be used to improve fire safety for building users; this course also sets out the current regulatory framework for fire safety design. Created so that those with no previous, or limited knowledge of the subject can undertake the course, delegates will find it most useful if they already have some experience of the built environment
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- recognise the nature and characteristics of fire
- appreciate how fire spreads around a building, both internally and externally
- understand the meaning of passive and active fire protection and recognise those measures commonly used in construction
- describe how human behaviour in relation to fire influences building design
- appreciate the legislative and regulatory frameworks related to fire safety construction design that protect people from fire.
The total estimated study time for completing this course is 4 hours. This estimate includes time for you to read or view a resource more than once, as well as time for you to take notes and undertake the online assessment.
Within this module you will find a combination of audio and visual learning methods. You work through the online course yourself following the guidance materials provided, at your own pace, wherever you may be. You can stop and restart at different sections and explore further the material and information available.
Who is this course for?
Most suitable for professionals and practitioners involved in the design, construction and refurbishment of buildings. It is also useful for anyone who needs an introduction or recap of fire safety design to refresh their knowledge e.g. city leaders/councillors, academics or students researching or studying this field.
This interactive online course has been carefully designed to take complex subjects and present them in an easy-to-understand format. It uses a combination of audio and visual learning methods. As a result, the course is suitable for all involved in the construction industry irrespective of their knowledge.
This course is made up of four elements.
- Fire science and fire spread
- Containment (through the use of passive and active fire protection)
- Means of escape and the human response to fire
- Legislation and regulations
You will be tested with a short multiple choice online quiz at the end of this course. You must achieve 80% or more to successfully complete the course. Additional attempts will be permitted should you not be successful on your first attempt. On successful completion of the course you will receive a personalised UCEM certificate of completion for 4 hours of formal CPD.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit or debit card.
Individual or corporate bookings welcome. For alternative payment options, including payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact: email@example.com
Have questions about our programmes or need help with your registration? Get in touch with our friendly admissions team using the following details:
UK (Free): 0800 019 9697 (Press 1)
International: +44 (0)118 921 4696 (Press 1)
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your alumni discount.
In order to maximise your learning experience, you will need access to:
- a personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device with audio & video playback capability
- access to the Internet (via a broadband connection recommended)
Be able to
- use an up-to-date web browser (for example):
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge
- open PDF documents using software such as Adobe
Please be aware if using a system within a firewall you may need your IT Team to allow pop-ups and access to YouTube.
Should you require any technical assistance please contact email@example.com