This course is recommended for those looking to extend or refresh their knowledge of the selective tendering process and how to increase the competitive edge.
Who should study this course?
Professionals with some knowledge of building up estimates and preparing tenders will benefit most from undertaking this course.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers
- Bid managers
An understanding of competitive tendering is also relevant for:
- Delegates working towards their professional membership
- Professionals seeking to satisfy their annual CPD requirements
10 hours (total estimated study time).
This estimate includes time for you to read or view a resource more than once, as well as time for you to take notes and undertake the online assessment.
As a fully online, self-managed course you are able stop and restart the course as you progress. Working at a time and place that suits your needs.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the tendering process in relation to construction projects
- Appreciate the need for a bidding strategy
- Identify the risks associated with competitive tendering
The self-managed online delivery method will allow you to study at your own pace, wherever you may be.
This course is made up of five elements:
- Overview and guidance notes
- Presentation on competitive tendering and the associated risks
- Tendering and bid strategies
- Case study exercise
- Multiple choice online test
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Some knowledge of building up estimates and preparing tenders is advantageous.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a UCEM certificate of completion for 10 hours formal CPD.
You will be tested with an online quiz at the end of this course. You must achieve 80% or more to successfully complete the course. Additional attempts will be permitted should you not be successful on your first attempt.
For payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)118 921 4601
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your alumni discount.