As the need to be BIM-ready takes hold, the repeated questions are “what do we need to know”, and “what do we have to do?”
UCEM and Rapid5D are pleased to introduce this unique BIM for Construction Professionals course offering an overview of the BIM process and protocols with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of using BIM models for estimating, cost and time management activities.
BIM for Construction Professionals – who is it for?
Our BIM courses are designed to provide the essential information and skills to enable you to be capable of tendering for BIM projects (either as a contractor or a consultant) and take full advantage of a BIM model for estimating, cost and time management.
This full certified BIM course will address the training needs of clients, contractors and construction professionals – such as Construction Economists, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators, Commercial Managers, Designers, Planners and Project Managers – and allow them to practise their traditional skills in a BIM environment.
- Understand the main benefits and challenges of working on a BIM-enabled project.
- Gain hands-on practical experience of using BIM models for estimating and cost management.
- Access to a dedicated server, preloaded with BIM models and cost databases and technical support.
- Develop your ability to produce and manage estimates, cost plans, time schedules and associated reports using a 3D project model and cost databases.
- Obtain a certificate of competency in the use of BIM for estimating, time & cost management.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Appreciate what is required for a BIM execution plan (BEP).
- Discuss the impact of BIM on a project’s estimating and cost management activities with other professionals.
- Produce clash detection reports and extract quantities from 3D models.
- Create an estimate report based on given cost database.
- Produce a time schedule for undertaking a project and note the impact of variations to the design.
Who are Rapid5D?
Rapid5D are the authorised distribution partner for Trimble offering Vico Office, Modelogix and Prolog construction software as their core products. They work together with other Trimble partners to deliver a portfolio of integrated digital construction solutions.”
Rapid5D are working with UCEM by providing access to a dedicated server, preloaded with BIM models and cost databases, technical support and the assessment of course competencies. For more information on Rapid5D, please visit www.rapid5d.com.
80 hours studied over a 12-week period (average 6-7 hours/week).
- Introduction to BIM
- Take-off Manager
- Cost Planner
- Work Packages
- Estimate Management
- Summary review and Case Study
Delivered by distance learning enabling you to study at your own pace. With access to technical support to give additional support.
The online learning experience is highly interactive using BIM models and databases, videos and animations, and BIM software and technology – allowing for collaboration and reflection time with other professionals.
Access to a dedicated server pre-loaded with BIM models during the competency component.
On successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of formal CPD study.
There are no prerequisite academic qualifications; but to gain most benefit from the competency software you should have some experience or knowledge of construction cost management techniques.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit or debit card. Individual or corporate bookings welcome.
Enrolment fee: £1554.00 (price inclusive of VAT).
For alternative payment options, including payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)118 921 4601
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your alumni discount.
Enrolment: OPEN NOW
(Please contact email@example.com if you wish us to raise an invoice)