|Date||21st April 2018|
|Duration||3 hours (09:30–12:30 with 15 minute break)|
|Location||City University of Hong Kong (delegates will be notified of the exact room details after enrolment)|
This CPD workshop is part of a series that use Hong Kong case studies to provide relevance to and support development of technical competencies. The workshop has been designed to provide a deeper understanding of the essential topics participants need to learn to acquire the competences expected of a practicing building or quantity surveyor.
Who should study this course?
This workshop is particularly suitable for those who are:
- studying for or going to sit the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) held by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS);
- Probationer Members in the Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying Division of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS) who wish to prepare for their APC;
- currently enrolled on BSc, MSc or MBA courses who are working towards a career as a professional surveyor;
- experienced professionals who wish to refresh their knowledge and satisfy their annual CPD requirements.
“What will I learn?”
This workshop is tailor made to cover some key content particularly suitable for those studying at university or going to sit the APC, including:
- A review of how an estimate is established utilising different sources of cost data and basing on a cost plan at the pre-contract stage. Common errors will be explained.
- An explanation of estimating by approximate quantities and cost planning techniques so that an appropriate estimating method can be chosen for a construction project.
- Hands-on exercises provided to help participants to acquire a better understanding of these different techniques.
- Case sharing with practical examples.
Sr Dr Lau has a long history of teaching with City University of Hong Kong for many years. Professor Lau teaches on both undergraduate and the postgraduate quantity surveying programmes, as well as supervising students in their final year projects and writing of their dissertation/thesis.
Attendance at this seminar provides 3 hours of formal CPD learning. You will be issued with a certificate of attendance after the event.
To enrol today simply “add to basket” and proceed to the checkout to pay by credit or debit card. Individual or corporate bookings welcome.
For alternative payment options, including payment by invoice or to purchase for multiple delegates, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)118 921 4601
Want to know more before you enrol?
Come along to our FREE information evening on Tuesday 27th March 7:30pm at: UCEM Hong Kong Office, Unit 2, 16/F, Tower 2, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong.
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance. Phone: +852 2323 9063
UCEM Online Academy recognises that a change in circumstances can sometimes be unavoidable and that delegates who register for a classroom based course may need to withdraw or change their original registration.
If you are unable to attend the classroom based course you are booked on, you may request to substitute another Alumnus or UCEM student to attend in your place provided you notify us in writing at email@example.com at least five working days before the event.
Refunds are calculated as follows upon receipt of the written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More than 28 days before the course start date: UCEM Online Academy will retain 20% of the fees due.
- 28-14 days before the course start date: UCEM Online Academy will retain 50% of the fees due.
- Less than 14 days before the start date: UCEM Online Academy will retain 100% of the fees due.
In the unlikely event of UCEM Online Academy withdrawing a course, all course fees paid will be refunded, however UCEM Online Academy will not be liable for any other costs or losses incurred.