The CIOB Chartered Membership Programme (CMP) is designed to provide a route to chartered membership of the CIOB for individuals with management experience in the construction industry; but who lack formal qualifications at honours degree level.
As an Approved Provider of the CIOB CMP we work with the CIOB to help you achieve an internationally recognised professional membership.
Who should study this course?
Delegates seeking to progress to MCIOB and who have 5 + years’ experience in a management role in the construction industry.
Suitable for a wide range of technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry.
The CIOB Chartered Membership Programme also forms a progression route to MCIOB for candidates who have completed the CIOB Site Management Programmes.
You can complete the four modules over a six month or one-year period dependent on your current level of knowledge and experience.
Delivered online you study at your own pace at a time and place to suit you.
Start in September and work towards the CIOB Assessment in June
Start in January to work towards the CIOB Assessment in November
You can expect to spend between 7-10 hours study a week If you follow the standard route.
- Enable delegates to meet both the academic and competence requirements for CIOB membership
- Prepare delegates for the CIOB exam and Professional Review
- To provide guidance on possible areas of competence and to maximise the potential for delegates to reach MCIOB.
An interactive, online course with tutor support, discussion forums and web classes.
Designed to take complex subjects and present them in an easy-to-understand format; the CIOB Chartered membership programme (CMP) uses a combination of audio and visual learning methods to support an activity driven learning approach.
You will be given access to the UCEM learning materials via the CIOB Moodle. Through the CIOB website you will also have access to the CIOB professional development events and library resources.
The course is made up of four modules leading up to the CIOB exam:
- ground engineering techniques and substructure technology
- design and installation of building services
- superstructure for commercial and multi-storey buildings
- principles relating to work on existing structures and fabric
- design process
- Process management in the construction industry
- management of resources
- planning and scheduling of construction projects
- performance management within the construction industry.
Contract and commercial practice
- the law in relation to the construction industry
- factors which affect the costs of a construction project
- pre-and post-contract administrative processes
- examine how work is procured
- commercial risks and overall risk management strategies
- dispute resolution and avoidance
Health, safety and the environment
- the legal framework underpinning health and safety
- actual or anticipated health
- safety and environmental risks
- sustainable development
- environmental concepts and how they apply to organisational strategy and policy formation
Each module will contain self-assessment exercises.
Your knowledge will be assessed by the CIOB through an open-book, online exam. The exam is available to you to complete over a 10-day period. On successful completion of the examination you can progress to the Professional Review
As part of the UCEM CIOB CMP you will be given additional support and guidance on how to complete the Professional Review. The Professional Review submission fee is also included within this course.
The Professional Review is a paper-based assessment of your experience and competence. You will be advised by the UCEM Course Leader on how to present your Professional Review and counselled on when your application is ready for submission.
5+ years’ management experience in the construction industry.
As an Approved Provider of the CIOB CMP , UCEM will will need to assess your eligibility for the programme through a review of your education history and work experience. Please contact email@example.com if you are unsure of your eligibility.
When you successfully pass the Professional Review you will receive a written notification from the CIOB confirming your MCIOB status.
Why become a CIOB member?
To check if you are eligible for the programme please submit a full CV detailing your education history to firstname.lastname@example.org
After your details have been assessed and deemed eligible, you will receive a formal Acceptance Letter from UCEM which will enable you to register for student membership of the CIOB. Please note; registration costs for membership must be paid directly to the CIOB.
Please do not proceed to the checkout unless you have received confirmation of acceptance on this course from UCEM.
The UCEM course fee includes:
- access to the UCEM online learning material for the four modules
- UCEM tutor support throughout your progression towards the CIOB examination
- Regular webinars (online lectures) with hints & tips on how to approach the scenario based assessment
- Personal guidance and support during your preparation and drafting of the Professional Review
- the Professional Review submission fee
The following fees are payable direct to the CIOB:
- Student CIOB membership fee
- CIOB CMP registration fee
- CIOB examination fee
- Applicant CIOB membership fee
Don’t forget to input your UCEM alumni code to gain 15% discount on the full sale price of this product. Contact email@example.com to receive your alumni discount.